Town of Chesterfield Residents
The Library is free to:
- all residents of the town of Chesterfield
- all persons who own property and/or are part time residents
- all who attend/teach school in the Town of Chesterfield
Non-residents of Town of Chesterfield
- Charged an annual, calendar year, fee of $25 year for other NH residents”
- Non-residents living outside of the state of New Hampshire are allowed to borrow materials through the inter-library loan process
Library Registration and User Cards
Signing the “library card” signifies an agreement to comply with all of the rules and regulations of the library, and to immediately give notice of any change in address and/or telephone number.
Cards for children under the age of 12 require a parent/guardian signature prior to use of library materials or equipment. The signer takes responsibility for all materials borrowed or used by the child. It is against library policy for the library staff to censor materials borrowed or used by any library user.
Circulation of Materials
- Patron may sign out up to six books at one time
- At the librarian’s discretion, this number may be increased
- Two new books may be taken at a time
- Users may reserve materials and will be notified when they are available – Pick up within one week is required or material goes to the next person waiting
- Three weeks is the lending time for most books and materials with renewal privileges for an additional three weeks
- New books and reserved books which have a two week check out period and no renewal are an exception to this policy
- Some encyclopedias and other reference materials may be taken for only one week
- All materials marked “Reference Only” may not be taken from the library
- Videos have a one week lending period
- No fine for overdue materials
- $1.00 handling fee if mailed notice is required
Overdue Procedures: Available at Chesterfield Library in the complete Library Circulation Policies.